Werlinich Asset Management, LLC (WAM) is an independent, fee-only investment advisory firm owned and operated by Greg Werlinich, who founded the company in March 1997. Greg works with a select group of investors and has an AUM in excess of $70 million. His clients demand honest, unbiased, and reasonably-priced advice from aRead more
Let’s face it, investment management isn’t rocket science, but it isn’t easy either; if it was, everyone would do it themselves. To do it right requires knowledge, coupled with patience and discipline, and the courage to stick to your guns and follow your plan during the difficult times that invariably arise in the stock market. Too many people invest blindly, without a well thought out plan.Read more
Greg Werlinich, president of Werlinich Asset Management, writes a free monthly newsletter called “News and Views”. As the title suggests, “News and Views” offers insights into the latest news and trends that affect your investments, and details Greg’s views on the short- and long-term direction of the overall stock market.Read more
Werlinich Asset Management, L.L.C.
14 Birch Lane
Rye Brook, NY 10573
WAM on Twitter
- #DJIA closed down 14 in mixed trading. Crude rose $1.08, helping energy sector. Finance sector also gained. Pharma and medical device lost.
- #S&P500 and #NASDAQ closed at record highs of 2,182 and 5221, respectively. #DJIA up 191, but 52 pts short of record. Great week end. TGIF.
- Employment report better than expected. Market surges. #DJIA up 150 in broad rally. Utilities lag. Transports jump. Tech strong. Rates up.
- Market closed essentially flat in advance of jobs report tomorrow morning. Expect ~175k jobs added. Oil gained, as did dollar. Rates eased.
- #DJIA losing streak ended with gain of 41 in modest rally, helped by 1.6% rise in price of crude, to $41.10. Energy, finance and rails rose.